Bean Salad with Dijon Dressing – Gluten-Free
I’m concentrating on one of my favorite lunches, a bean salad with Dijon dressing and crisp veggies, since here we are again being inundated with ads for rich desserts and treats. This time it’s for Valentines, which I’m all for, naturally, but aren’t there some other desirable gifts besides candy and jewelry?
Chocolate candy may be rich in antioxidants, but it’s also usually rich in sugar and calories that I don’t really need to focus on right now. Instead I’m concentrating on one of my favorite lunches, this salad with beans, crisp veggies and a little Dijon dressing.
Maybe we’ll talk about chocolate later….
- 1 Cup Garbanzo or Cannelini Beans, GF (canned), chilled, drained
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard (I used Woeber's Reserve Whole Grain)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes, Grape, halved, or other, diced
- 1/4 Cup Celery, diced
- 4 Large Ripe Olives, sliced
- 4 Cups Baby Romaine Salad Mix
Chill before using.
Combine all ingredients except the beans and the optional salad mix.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Pour over drained beans.
Chill if not serving immediately.
Stir beans and dressing lightly.
Serve by itself, or over a bed of lettuce like baby romaine salad mix.
It will also be here:
– Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
– The Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesdays
– Miz Helen’s Country Cottage’s Full Plate Thursday
– The Whole Gang’s Real Food Weekly
– The Nourishing Gourmet’s Pennywise Platter Thursday
– Frugal Follies’ Frugal Food Thursday