Beef Round Eye Roast – Gluten Free Oven Cooked
A wonderful lean dinner entree, and equally wonderful for lunches. Slice leftovers to make sandwiches, or cut in thin strips to layer on a salad. It’s good enough that no one will think about whether it’s gluten-free or not — they’ll just eat it and ask for more.
Gluten-Free Beef Round Eye Roast, Oven Cooked
3 to 4 pound beef round eye roast
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup water
1 beef bouillon cube, gluten-free (or use beef stock instead of water and bouillon cube)
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley, or other seasoning mix
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
2. Spread oil in bottom of roasting pan. Place beef round eye roast in pan. Put in oven uncovered for 15 minutes.
3. Add water, bouillon cubes, pepper and any other seasonings desired, such as minced dried onion, parsley, thyme, basil, savory, bay leaf, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, gluten-free soy sauce or dry mustard.
Reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
4. Continue to roast until tender and medium to well done.
2 to 3 lbs — 1.75 to 2 hours
3 to 4 lbs — 2 to 2.25 hours
5. Slice across the grain.
6. Serve the juices as they are, or make a beef gravy. It’ll be lean and very tasty!
This recipe is gluten-free (no wheat, barley or rye), dairy-free, egg-free, lactose-free, nut-free, soy-free and sugar-free, as well low-carb and low GI (low glycemic index).