Beef Round Steak and Vegetables in the Slow Cooker for an Old-Fashioned Dinner Delight
Gluten-free and gluten-y family members alike will all absolutely love this beef round steak and vegetables from the crock pot recipe. It’s a classic stick-to-the-ribs family-style meal that is every bit as good as your favorite stew… And, you can thicken the delicious broth that you’ll get after simmering for several hours in your slow cooker into a silky-smooth gravy that will make the meal even better.
My family and I all love this recipe and I like to vary it with different seasonings like parsley, basil or rosemary. I rarely have any leftovers to put away.
Beef Round Steak in the Slow Cooker with Vegetables
- 2 Pounds Beef Round Steak, trimmed and cut in pieces
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour, optional
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock (gluten-free), or water
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce, Lea & Perrins
- 1 Pound Carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, cut in wedges
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley, or 1/4 cup fresh snipped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Winter Savory, or Rosemary, and/or Basil, as desired
- 6 Medium Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 Pounds Green Beans, Fresh or Frozen
For a richer meaty flavor, brown the meat in oil in a skillet over a medium high burner before putting the meat in the slow cooker.
Transfer the meat to the slow cooker.
Add the stock or water to the skillet to deglaze it and then pour the liquid over the meat.
Add the remaining ingredients except green beans. Add enough water to cover everything barely. Cover; cook on low 8 to 10 hours (or high for 4 to 6 hours), adding green beans last 45 minutes. Stir before serving.
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
The Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Vegetarian Mamma’s Gluten-Free Fridays