This sweet, dense cake with apples, cherries and nuts – not to mention the raisins and spices that flavor it – has been a holiday favorite of ours as long as I can remember. When I started cooking gluten-free, it was among the first cakes I tried to adapt. My Aunt Mac could probably have told the difference, but this recipe of hers converted very well. In fact, when I bake it for a general crowd, it disappears fast.
With the maraschino cherries, you’ll have…
Apples and spice go together so well! Just about all they need is a little something to wrap around them while they bake…like some pastry crust. I’ve made a lot of gluten-free apple pies, but none of them were any better than this galette.
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- Gluten Free Eating Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!