A satisfying aroma is coming from the oven. Soon we’ll be enjoying the tender texture and delicate flavor of a butternut squash.
Today I’m baking this colorful squash with a little gluten-free stuffing made from apples, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Maybe a little butter, too….
Apples and spice go together so well! Just about all they need is a little something to wrap around them while they bake…like some pastry crust. I’ve made a lot of gluten-free apple pies, but none of them were any better than this galette.
For a fast and filling salad, quinoa provides lots of gluten-free nutrition. Although it is quick and easy to cook, like rice or pasta, quinoa is actually the seeds of a plant which is not really in the cereal family.
When I make quinoa, I often make a double recipe so I’ll have the leftover to make this salad the next day. It’s so easy!
Onions add their sweet, savory flavor to many of the things I cook. They also deserve a spotlight of their own. You can usually find pearl onions year-round in the produce department (or if you want, in the freezer case). Dressed up just a little with butter and parsley, and maybe a little paprika, they’re a great side dish for many meals. You can easily use a substitute for the butter to make the onions casein-free.
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- Gluten Free Eating Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!