Are dried beans gluten-free? Until recently, I’d have instantly said “Yes!”… keep reading to find out why I was wrong.
Navy beans are one of our favorites around here… and, it’s one of my husband Al’s all-time favorites. He likes them with just about anything…in a salad, as part of a main dish or as a side with dinner. He likes them in many combinations, but most of all, he loves them in soup.
Navy Bean Soup is an easy, gluten-free recipe to make, especially in my slow cooker.
Gluten-free corned beef hash is an easy 30 minute meal. The cabbage and other vegetables add variety and nutrition and make a complete meal in a skillet.
It’s an ideal dinner recipe to cook on a busy weeknight that will have your family coming back for more.
Baked polenta is an easy gluten-free recipe that works great as a side with dinner. Plus, I really enjoy it for lunch… Especially since it’s so quick & easy to prepare.
If you have ever had grits – especially Southern-style grits with butter, syrup and bacon – you might recognize a similarity to traditional Italian polenta.
They are both made from ground, dried corn. In fact, some would say they are interchangeable, although polenta is usually a coarser grind than grits and the type of corn used is “flint” corn, making a firmer texture after cooking. If you can’t find polenta where you shop, you can substitute grits in a pinch. Some stores also have cooked polenta in a tube in the dairy or meat case.
Baked polenta fits into a 30 minute meal easily, even if I want to add some of the optional toppings like sautéed onion or mushrooms.
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- Gluten Free Eating Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!