There are many easy ways to cook a pork roast.
One of the most basic is also quite easy… and a perennial favorite of mine… a pot roast!
It takes just a few minutes to get it started, then it cooks on its own for a couple of hours.
I think that a pot roast must be one of the original one-pot meals… Paleo in the extreme!
I made the most delicious, gluten-free roast braised in my slow cooker the other day. It was lean and flavorful and it sliced easily so it was easy to serve. The juices were fragrant with the Mediterranean seasoning and the savory vegetables. And, to top it all off, the sandwiches that I will make from the leftovers will be wonderful… We’ve had this before… Many times!
When I did thicken the juices to make a gluten-free gravy the way my husband likes it, we really enjoyed it. I used sweet rice flour for thickening this time. But, arrowroot powder or potato starch flour would work too if you’re cooking paleo.
A little while before serving time, I stirred the thickener into some of the juices and then stirred that back into the crockpot. It made such an easy gravy! There was plenty of flavor in the juices, so without any thickening it would still be excellent if you are on a low-carb diet.
I discovered a new brand of rotini with good flavor and lots of nutrition.
I was interested in this new product from Tolerant when I saw that it is made solely of lentils – Non-GMO Organic Red Lentils… Nothing else.
That makes it gluten-free and also free of the top eight allergens. This low-glycemic rotini is certified gluten-free, non-GMO, organic, vegan and kosher.
Since it is made from red lentils, it has a delicate pink tint that is lovely and appetizing whether in a salad with greens and dressing or in a skillet with peppers, onion and sauce.
Here’s an old favorite that’s already easy to make, made a little faster. The smaller individual-size loaves cook faster.
Because they’re smaller, they’re also quick to freeze. They thaw quickly for a meal later, so I often double the recipe and make extra.
When I was converting this recipe to be gluten-free, I discovered several different possibilities…
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- Gluten Free Eating Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!