There are many easy ways to cook a pork roast.
One of the most basic is also quite easy… and a perennial favorite of mine… a pot roast!
It takes just a few minutes to get it started, then it cooks on its own for a couple of hours.
I think that a pot roast must be one of the original one-pot meals… Paleo in the extreme!
My husband Al, who doesn’t like anything barbecue… And, don’t get me started about Al and hot spices… He surprised the “bejeebers” out of me. I’ll tell you more about Al in a moment. But first…
… First, let me explain that I was going to be out of the house all day and I needed something that I could make that was yummy as well as really easy. Pulled barbecued pork seemed like just the thing because I could dump it in my crock pot and leave it to cook slowly all day while I was away “taking care of business.”
I had some pork loin roast in the ‘fridge that was just begging to be used. So, before I left the house yesterday, I grabbed the roast, put it in the crock pot, bones and all, added enough water so it wouldn’t boil away in the next 10 or so hours and the necessary barbecue “stuff.”
Now, back to Al…
The flavors of pork chops and green onion work together so that this easy recipe hardly needs much else. We like these braised chops often, so it’s a good thing the boneless pork loin is so lean and quick to cook. When my family asks, “How long till supper is ready?” — I can tell them this will be ready soon!
It can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. That makes a great weeknight supper, but it tastes good enough for guests, too. Match it with a side dish of asparagus or green beans and possibly some potatoes for a well-rounded meal.
We really like pork chop recipes here and even more so when they involve lean gluten-free pork, red sauce and pasta. I like cooking these Boneless Pork Loin Chops because they are so lean and they cook quickly. They first are browned in the skillet, and their flavor then combines with the sauce and the seasonings to make a delicious, satisfying, nutritious meal for everyone.
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- How To Eat Gluten-Free… The Official Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Recommended Gluten-Free Books
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!