My son adds a warning in his meatloaf recipe to “be considerate” since cayenne pepper figures prominently in the ingredients when he makes it his favorite way.
My version of it would be considerably tamer than his regarding the pepper (and mine would be gluten-free) but the concept of seasoning combinations reminded me how much I like having made up some personalized seasoning blends for my husband and me.
“parsley recipe…for all sorts of uses from spreading on crackers or crispbread, to melting over broiled fish or steaks, to tossing with hot cooked green beans or noodles, and many more.”
The full-bodied, aromatic flavor of Italian parsley or single leaf parsley, which is also sometimes known as flat leaf parsley, combines with garlic, almonds, olive oil and Parmesan cheese to make this version of pesto.
It’s a good way to prepare a bumper crop of parsley so that you can keep it a little longer than a fresh-picked bunch would last in the refrigerator. Or maybe freeze it for a little later.
Often the hardest part of a gluten-free meal to find is the part with the seasoning in it. Sauces and flavorings come out of a kitchen with no labels on them, making it hard for me to tell what might be hidden in them. We can see the fillet, or the steak, or the salad, and maybe be fairly sure of its content, but sauces and dips and gravies are frequently off-limits simply because we don’t know what’s in them….
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- How To Eat Gluten-Free… The Official Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!