Roasted vegetables have a more intense flavor and a denser texture than many methods of gluten-free cooking. They are as easy to prepare as the steamed or braised method. I especially like the bit of crusty surface they develop, sort of like on a fried potato, but without the fat.
Fuel. Energy. Nourishment.
Keeping it all in balance so that we have what we need to satisfy our appetites, maintain our energy, fuel our activity… that’s what would be healthy for us. And that balance is different for each person.
The parsnips could be cooked without carrots if you like, although the colors make a more appealing presentation together. The real star of the dish is the way the horseradish mingles with just the proper subtlety with the parsnips.
A satisfying aroma is coming from the oven. Soon we’ll be enjoying the tender texture and delicate flavor of a butternut squash.
Today I’m baking this colorful squash with a little gluten-free stuffing made from apples, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Maybe a little butter, too….
For a fast and filling salad, quinoa provides lots of gluten-free nutrition. Although it is quick and easy to cook, like rice or pasta, quinoa is actually the seeds of a plant which is not really in the cereal family.
When I make quinoa, I often make a double recipe so I’ll have the leftover to make this salad the next day. It’s so easy!
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- Gluten Free Eating Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!