I love peaches. I was born in Fredericksburg, Texas…
… Smack-dab in the middle of the Texas Hill Country’s many peach orchards!
And, I think peaches are so good that I wondered what they might taste like in a salsa.
So, I decided to whip up a batch to find out.
I discovered a new brand of rotini with good flavor and lots of nutrition.
I was interested in this new product from Tolerant when I saw that it is made solely of lentils – Non-GMO Organic Red Lentils… Nothing else.
That makes it gluten-free and also free of the top eight allergens. This low-glycemic rotini is certified gluten-free, non-GMO, organic, vegan and kosher.
Since it is made from red lentils, it has a delicate pink tint that is lovely and appetizing whether in a salad with greens and dressing or in a skillet with peppers, onion and sauce.
The simplest ideas are sometimes the most useful. This is a simple recipe and it is that simplicity that makes it so good. I did these potatoes in my slow cooker so I made them “on autopilot” while I did other things.
I made the potatoes shown in the picture in the slow cooker as cubed potatoes with olive oil & parsley for seasoning.
Quartered or cubed potatoes with your favorite seasonings would work just as well. I served these recently for dinner with what I call a mini-meat loaf.
Preparing healthy snacks is usually time-consuming The good news is that not every snack has to be complicated or time-consuming to be healthy. Gluten-free trail mix can be as healthy as you want it to be. Quick to make. Quick to pack. Easy to carry. Nutrition on the go. Those are good reasons to make some with your own favorite ingredients. When I happen to look at what’s available in vending machines or checkout lanes in many places, I’m appalled by how much of it is high in refined sugars and high in salt. They can also be high in volume or quantity. Look at how many “servings” of peanuts are usually in a simple bag of peanuts – two […]
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- How To Eat Gluten-Free… The Official Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Recommended Gluten-Free Books
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!