Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Sandwich with Tomato & Mayonnaise
In my family’s opinion, this gluten-free chicken breast sandwich is one of the best sandwiches there is… Period! It’s a great meal for a gluten-free diet. It’s also not too hard to make several for a mixed group of gluten-free and gluten-y people since each person can have their own choice of bread on their own plate. A good plan would be to cook a double recipe of Roasted Chicken Breasts one day and save some for later. Or, grill some extra chicken breasts next time the grill is hot. You can put one of these sandwiches together in 10 minutes or less for a quick and easy meal.
- 3 Ounces Roasted or Grilled Chicken Breast Meat, sliced thin
- 1 Sub Roll, gluten-free (home-baked or purchased, like a Schar Sub Sandwich Roll, for example, or 2 slices of gluten-free bread
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise, regular or low-fat
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard, gluten-free (optional)
- 2 Slices Tomato
- 1 Dash Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Baby Lettuce, or 1 large leaf of green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 Slice Vidalia Onion, optional
Spread mayonnaise and mustard on sliced bun (or if you're using bread, on both slices).
Layer the chicken, tomato and lettuce, adding a dash of pepper to the chicken and tomato.
Adding the onion is my favorite addition, but entirely optional!