Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Sandwich with Tomato & Mayonnaise
In my family’s opinion, this is one of the best sandwiches there is… Period! It’s a great meal for a gluten-free diet. It’s also not too hard to make several for a mixed group of gluten-free and gluten-y people since each person can have their own choice of bread on their own plate. A good plan would be to cook a double recipe of Roast Chicken Breasts one day and save some for later. You can put one of these sandwiches together in 10 minutes or less for a quick and easy meal.
- 3 Ounces Roasted Chicken Breast Meat, sliced thin
- 1 Sub Roll, gluten-free (home-baked or purchased, like a Schar Sub Sandwich Roll, for example, or 2 slices of gluten-free bread
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise, regular or low-fat
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard, gluten-free (optional)
- 2 Slices Tomato
- 1 Dash Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Baby Lettuce, or 1 large leaf of green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 Slice Vidalia Onion, optional
Spread mayonnaise and mustard on sliced bun (or if you're using bread, on both slices).
Layer the chicken, tomato and lettuce, adding a dash of pepper to the chicken and tomato.
Adding the onion is my favorite addition, but entirely optional!
This gluten-free recipe is designed for those with gluten intolerance, gluten sensitivity, celiac (coeliac) disease, but I’ve found that people who have no food allergies like it, too. It’s one of my gluten-free recipes that is wheat-free, barley-free and rye-free, and depending on the bread you use, it can be dairy-free, nut-free and refined sugar-free.
Would you like to find out more about how you too can eat and live gluten-free? If you would, check out my latest book by clicking the book cover below. It’s easier than you think :-)!