Gluten-Free Hamburger with Dill Sauce for a Great Cookout!
Are you ready for a great cookout this weekend? I look forward to a gluten-free hamburger with all the trimmings throughout the year, but I enjoy them even more when we can grill them outside. Gluten-free hamburgers are just as easy as any other kind, as long as the grill is clean when you start.
One of the best things about hamburgers is that each person can choose what they want or don’t want on their own.
Instead of a traditional slice of cheese to dress up a burger, a slathering of Dill Sauce or Horseradish Sauce is my favorite addition. If you don’t like that, you can always use the ever-popular mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup, along with bread and butter pickles instead of dill pickles.
Switching out the lettuce for other greens is good, too. On a burger with Dill Sauce, I especially like a handful of fresh spinach leaves or mixed baby greens or perhaps baby kale combined with spinach is good, too.
Here is a recipe that I sometimes use for a great grilled hamburger.
Hamburger with Dill Sauce or Horseradish Sauce
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Lean
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt or Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slices Dill Pickles, Optional
- 1/8 Vidalia Onion, Sliced
- 1 Small Tomato, Sliced
- 2 Lettuce Leaves or a handful of fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Dill Sauce or Horseradish Sauce
- 2 Hamburger Buns or Rolls, Gluten-Free, Split, like Schar’s, or your own homemade
1. Combine ground beef, salt and pepper. Form into 2, half-pound patties.
2. Grill or pan-fry over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness, 8 minutes for medium-well.
3. Meanwhile, spread the split buns with Dill Sauce or Horseradish Sauce.
4. Layer with the cooked meat, pickles, onion, tomato and lettuce. Set the other half of the bun on top.
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
The Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Buns in My Oven’s What’s Cooking Wednesday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
Frugal Follies’ Frugal Food Thursday
Vegetarian Mamma’s Gluten-Free Fridays