Gluten-Free Pecan Pie Minis
Maybe it’s because I grew up in south Texas — where we had pecan trees in our yard — that pecan pie is one of my favorite desserts. Maybe it’s just because pecans in any form are among my favorite flavors. Whatever the reason, these Pecan Pie Minis are the best combination I have found of pie, candy and bite-size dessert.
- 1 Pie Crust recipe (9 Inch), unbaked gluten-free (I used The Gluten-Free Homemaker's Multi-Purpose Pastry Dough)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, or dairy-free butter substitute like Earth Balance, softened
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup, Light or Dark (I used Karo Dark)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 Cup Pecans, broken
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Prepare your favorite pastry. I used The Gluten-Free Homemaker's Multi-Purpose Pastry Dough. It's fairly easy to work with (compared to regular, gluten-y pastry) and we like the flavor a lot. In fact, my husband likes it at least as well as regular, gluten-y pie crust.
Cut the pastry into circles to fit muffin tins. Press a circle into each muffin tin. You can use cupcake liners if you want, but I didn't and was able to loosen each of them successfully after baking.
Cream butter and sugar. Add syrup and eggs. Beat well. Work in the pecans. Add vanilla and salt.
Spoon filling carefully into pastry-lined muffin tins. Try not to spill around edges since that might make them hard to loosen after baking. Don't overfill the pastry; if you have more filling than you need, spoon into greased muffin tins or custard cups. They will bake successfully without a crust and be delicious crustless pecan pie minis.
Bake 15 minutes at 375F. Filling should puff up and pecans should look toasted.
Cool slightly. Loosen from muffin tin carefully and finish cooling on a plate.
This gluten-free recipe contains no wheat, barley or rye flour. If you use Earth Balance instead of butter, it will also be casein-free, dairy-free and lactose-free.
This will be linked to the following:
– Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.
– The Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
– Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
– Katherine’s Corner’s Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
– Vegetarian Mamma’s Gluten-Free Fridays
– Rattlebridge Farm’s Foodie Friday
– Simple Living and Eating’s Foodie Friday