Quinoa Salad with Cucumber, Onion, Parsley & Tomato
For a fast and filling dish, gluten-free quinoa salad provides lots of nutrition. Although it is quick and easy to cook (like rice or pasta), quinoa is actually the seeds of a plant which is not really in the cereal family.
When I make quinoa, I often make a double recipe so I’ll have the leftover to make this salad the next day. It’s so easy!
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa, cooked and drained (rinse before cooking) - about 1-1/2 cups cooked
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber, diced
- 1/8 Cup Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Parsley, snipped
- 1/8 Cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Teaspoon Oil, Olive or your favorite
- 1 Teaspoon Cider Vinegar, or Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Honey, or Agave, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Chill and serve.
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free’s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday
The Nourishing Gourmet’s Pennywise Platter Thursday
Frugal Follies’ Frugal Food Thursday
Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesday