How you start your life living gluten-free depends on exactly why you’re doing that.
If your physician has diagnosed you with a disease that requires you to live gluten-free, make sure that your physician knows and agrees with what I am telling you to do here. There is absolutely no way that I can cover all reasons your physician may tell you to begin living gluten-free, or take into account your personal medical situation in this article.
In the event you have simply decided that you would like to live your life gluten-free, for whatever reason, I strongly recommend that if you suspect you have a disease which causes you to be gluten intolerant or gluten sensitive, you see a physician immediately for a proper evaluation and related diagnosis. There are two reasons for this recommendation…
If you are a gluten-free Christian, I expect that you might have the same problem that I run into when I take Holy Communion.
The Host (the Bread) is gluten-y.
So, in answer to the question in the title… No, communion wafers (or the equivalent), as a general rule, are not gluten-free.
Categories: American, Breads, Casein-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Frugal, Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Health & Nutrition, Lactose-Free, Living Gluten-Free, Nut-free, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Top 8 Allergen-Free, Vegetarian, Wheat-free Tags: are communion wafers gluten-free, gluten-free communion, gluten-free communion wafers, gluten-free Eucharist, gluten-free health, Living Gluten-Free
I’m Pat’s husband, Al. From time-to-time Pat mentions me on her blog. So, you may have heard of me… or not.
Anyway, Pat has asked me to write up the results of the “Major Frustrations” Survey which we recently conducted on the ElegantlyGlutenFree.com website as well as on Facebook. So, here it goes…
The purpose of the survey was to…
It’s important to know about safe foods, so I’m adding a “snapshot” list of my pantry. It is not an all-inclusive list. It’s a list of what I might have in my gluten-free kitchen on an average day. My hope is that you can use it for ideas and direction in your kitchen.
More Interesting Articles
- 60-Day, 100% Money-Back, Full-Satisfaction Guarantee
- About Pat
- All My Recipes – How To Find ‘em
- Celiac-Safe Eateries
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide – Bonus #1
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #2
- Eating & Living Gluten-Free… The Official Guide Bonus #3
- Gluten Intolerance Reactions Are Never MINOR!
- Gluten Intolerance, A Silent And Vicious Killer…
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Google Results
- How To Eat Gluten-Free… The Official Guide
- Learn About Celiac
- Learning How To Eat & Live Gluten-Free Is Like Losing Weight!
- Legal Docs
- Recommended Gluten-Free Books
- Safe Foods Master Lists
- Spectrum of gluten-related disorders: consensus on new nomenclature and classification
- The Right Gluten-Free Snacks or Lunch Can Make Your Gluten-Free Diet Sparkle
- Welcome to Elegantly, Gluten-Free!